Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Demockery epiphany

I had an epiphany today as I was reading an article about Guilani and Hillary, and how each are exploiting the September 11th tragedy for political advantage. It made me sick to read how these cretins could be so cold and callow, and it made me realize that I do NOT want to partake in this MOCKERY of Democracy any longer.

Since I was 18, I have faithfully shown up at the polls on election day to vote. But for what, exactly? Our votes DON'T COUNT, thanks to the antiquated electoral college, as well as to paperless, malfunctioning, manipulated voting machines. And besides, the choice is always down to two evil morons who are loyal ONLY to big business interests, and never to the people interests. The elections are controlled by the corporate-owned media to the point that we can NEVER have a candidate who represents TRUE social democracy of the sort that benefits everyone and that evolves humane solutions to complex problems.

So I have made a pledge to myself that I will do this: I will vote for Dennis Kucinich in the Democratic primary. If he fails to get the nomination, then I will simply not vote in the actual election. And in the future, I will vote ONLY if a peaceful, reasonable candidate like Ralph Nader or Dennis Kucinich is in the running.

Otherwise, count me the fuck out.

I don't care what anyone says - it's all one big stinking lie.

No comments: