Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Work sucks

Yesterday I decided that I have an aversion to work. Now, mind you, I love to do work that I CHOOSE to do, such as volunteering to help the homeless, editing and publishing a webzine, writing poetry, etc. But I have an aversion to work that I HAVE to do in order to survive, in order to eat and drink and shelter and clothe myself. Work that I MUST do in order to enjoy the work that I LOVE to do, and in order to enjoy LIFE.

It's always been glaringly apparent to me that the Work That One Must Do to Survive interferes with leisure activities such as sitting on one's ass, traveling the universe, reading, watching trashy TV (which I rarely do, but if I had more time I just might), watching movies both trashy and artsy, volunteering, bicycling, swimming, drinking wine, sleeping, etc. etc. etc. But yesterday, my aversion to work became DEAFENINGLY APPARENT. I can no longer ignore it; it's screaming in my ear.

So let's, you and I, start a REVOLUTION! Screw the half-assed revolution I mentioned a few posts ago about the Five Day Weekend (look it up, you lazy-ass). I'm talking a revolution to ABOLISH ALTOGETHER Work That One Must Do To Survive.

Who's on board?

No comments: